Hearing loss ranks with Arthritis and Hypertension as the 3 most common chronic medical conditions in the world.
Unfortunately, hearing loss is the most frequently undiagnosed and untreated of these 3.
In fact, 80% of people with clinically advanced HEARING LOSS have never been tested or treated for the problem. That’s a hearing loss of 40dB or more in BOTH EARS
Untreated hearing loss has profoundly negative effects. It can cause (or is directly linked to) these and many more problems:
- Clinical Depression
- Acceleration of Dementia and Alzheimer’s Symptoms
- Anger Management Problems
- Social Withdrawal and Isolation
- Increase in Fears and Phobias
- The Ability to Understand and Communicate in Noisy Public Places
- Employability and Earning Power
Tucson Family and Geriatric Medicine has added COMPREHENSIVE HEARING CARE to our clinical program.
- We offer the leading brands in hearing aid which offer world-class technology to identify and treat hearing loss.
- Licensed clinical staff, state-of-the-art equipment
- We now routinely screen hearing function as part of our normal workup.
- For patients who need it, we provide comprehensive hearing exams as an extension of your complete annual physical.
- Our focus is on patients age 55+ where hearing loss occurs most frequently.
- But the program is open to ALL patients and at ANY TIME. If you suspect that you or a family member or friend are having a hearing problem, just let us know. We will be happy to schedule a complete exam.